How we handle your personal information
We hold personal information (both electronic and paper) for the purposes of our work. This means that we:
- will process your information fairly and lawfully;
- only use your information for the purposes for which it is obtained;
- will not hold more information about you than we need;
- keep your information up to date and accurate;
- do not hold your information for longer than we need and then we will dispose of it securely;
- will respect your data protection rights under the law;
- will keep your information secure;
- do not send your information to a country that does not protect your data protection rights.
In order for Housing Rights to carry out its duties and to be able to assist with your case, we may have to share some of your personal information with other organisations for our business purposes.
Otherwise, we will not share your information outside Housing Rights unless:
- you agree or
- the law requires us to do so or
- the law allows it and we believe it’s important to do so.