What is financial capability? This brand new accredited training looks behind the words to get to the crux of this hugely important issue and its implications. It will look at the very clear link between peoples budgeting skills and their ability to keep their home.
Following this course, you will be able to help clients to be more financially aware, helping them to keep their homes and increase their budgeting skills.
This one day session will cover:
- What financial capability means
- Causes of debt in Northern Ireland and how this impacts on client’s financial capability.
- “Can’t pay versus Won’t pay”
- Vulnerable clients
- Priority and non priority debts
- Preparing financial statements and devising sustainable repayment plans
Who should attend?
- Housing advisers
- Support workers
This course can be accredited at level 2 or 3 by the Open College Network for an extra £50.
Tagged InSocial Tenancies, Practical tips, Welfare Reform, Affordability
Register for this event
The correct price for your organisation will be charged at checkout.