We are also running this course in Derry/Londonderry on the 24 January.
The Welfare Reform (NI) Order 2015 represents the biggest shake up of the social security system in Northern Ireland since the creation of the Welfare State. Its implementation will have significant implications on how people pay for their accommodation.
This must-attend session will ensure you know how Welfare Reform will impact on the housing situation of vulnerable and low income households in Northern Ireland. You will have a better understanding of the current Welfare system and be better equipped to advise your clients.
As well as providing an overview, the session will look at ongoing developments with Welfare Reform, including the local introduction of “bedroom tax” on 23rd January 2017, and the proposed extension of the LHA system to social housing.
This seminar will cover:
- Universal Credit and Housing Credit
- Reforms in the social rented sector, including the ‘bedroom tax’
- The extension of the LHA system to social housing
- The benefit cap
- Abolition of the social fund, and
- The relevance of the Evason Working Group mitigations.
Who should attend?
- Both new and experienced advisers.
- Housing providers
- Constituency workers
- Community/residents groups
- Hostel workers
Tagged InBenefits, Welfare Reform, Affordability
Register for this event
The correct price for your organisation will be charged at checkout.