Latest updates to Housing Law in Practice NI
A number of changes occur in April of each year which impact on Housing Benefit calculations for the coming year. These include
- Uprating of personal allowances
- Changes to non-dependant deduction from Housing Benefit for rent
- Changes to non-dependant deductions from Housing Benefit for rates
- Uprating of local housing allowance rates in specific areas.
Housing Law in Practice NI has been updated to reflect all these changes. Our most recent set of updates was completed on 7 April 2017 and also includes
- Information on The Housing Benefit and Universal Credit (Size Criteria) (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations (NI) 2017, which come into effect on 20 April 2017
- Information on the latest welfare reform changes including changes to child tax credit and employment and support allowance.
Our March updates included information on the restriction of the housing costs element of universal credit to claimants aged 18-21.
Your membership of Housing Rights gives you instant access to Housing Law in Practice NI, the most up-to-date Northern Ireland-specific resource on housing law, policy and practice. All members should have a log-in, which allows up to five individuals at that organisation to access the resource. Larger organisations can purchase additional licenses.
Contact Frances on 028 9024 5640/0 for more information on membership or to request your username and password.